Walnut High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Registrar » Enrollment Guidelines

Enrollment Guidelines

Enrollment Requirements

Welcome to the Walnut Valley
Unified School District

Dear Parent/Guardian:

Welcome. We are very proud of our schools and have high expectations that your child/children will enjoy and benefit from their experiences here. We are required to enroll students whose parents or legal guardians reside within the district boundaries. In order to verify legal residency we require the following documentation:

1. If student is living with parent(s) -

a. either a close of escrow paper, monthly mortgage statement, current year's property tax statement, rental/lease agreement, or current month rental receipt, and

b. a current utility bill or utility turn-on receipt (gas, water or electric), and

c. a DM-Y form (driver's license or California J.D.) with current address, and

d. a form of student identification (with name, date of birth, photo, etc.)


2. If student is living with a guardian -

a. Same residency proof as for parents in #1 above pius proof of legal guardianship. Note that legal guardianships can only be obtained through a Court of Law.

b. If student is living with a relative, and legal guardianship has not been obtained, a "Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit" form must be completed. Proof of the existence of a short term family hardship requiring the student to live with the relative may be necessary.


3. If student's family moves into the home of another family -

a. Declaration of Residency documents (Part I and Part II) are required. The family with proof of residence must meet the requirements of # 1 above. If a family has a child already enrolled in the Walnut Valley Unified School District, a current utility bill is required as proof of continued residency.

If you would like your child/children to attend our schools but you live outside of our district's boundaries, you will need to acquire an interdistrict transfer from the district 'where you reside. Children cannot be enrolled in the school(s) of the Walnut Valley Unified School District unless proof of residency requirements are met, or an interdistrict transfer has been obtained and approved. If you have concerns, or if we can be of assistance to you, please give me a call at 909-594-1333 x 34411.


Dawn Martinez

Educational Services