Welcome to Mrs. Lim-Hays' website about her English classes. Check here for information about homework, class projects and useful links.
Textbook: Please properly cover and bring to class regularly. Please do not lend your book out. You are liable if your friend misplaces it.
Recommended materials for effective learning and study habits:
- 3 ring binder with dividers for organizing various homework assignments
- Flat Report Folder (w/ prongs and 5 or more pockets or sections to maintain an organized portfolio of assignments for review
- Planner for keeping track of homework and due dates
- Lined paper, dark pen, pencil
Technology: Cell phones must be off/not accessed during class unless directly permitted by instructor for educational use.
- No late work except for legal and excused absences.
- Absent students must inform themselves of missed work to make-up. All homework is posted at http://www.walnuths.net (1 day allowed for each day absent).
Cheating/Plagiarism: All work submitted must be the student's own honest effort and thinking. Duplicates of other's work will earn a 0 and will be reported to the GLC.