Walnut High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Work Permits » Home


Do you have a job?

High School students who are under the age of 18 need a work permit if they have a job. 

Work Permits are issued through the Assistant Principal's Office. Please contact 
Mrs. Markel, the Assistant Principal's secretary at ext. 43623. 

* Print out a copy by clicking on the PDF form below or pick one up at the school office. Once the form is filled out you will need to sign the form and get the signature of your parent and of your employer.

* If you have an on-going job, work permits need to be renewed each school year.

* You no longer need a work permit once you graduate from high school or turn 18.

The work permit is for your protection and safety. It ensures that employers carry worker compensation insurance. It reminds employers that a student's first job is school and a paid job is secondary. Also, that students are not allowed to work late hours on a school night.

You may also refer to the link below for additional questions regarding the work permit regulations.