No upcoming assignments.
1. Well we know the tropical rainforest has the most density of species of any biome in the world, first of all, what drives this incredible speciation there? Also, relating still to this biome, the most popular form of deforestation there is slash and burn, why do you think this method of deforestation is so popular there? Feel free to conduct additional research to back up or provide evidence for your response.
2. Well, slash and burn deforestation is good for planting crops for a season or two, but then it really becomes unsustainable, what characteristics of the rainforest make this such an unsustainable method of farming, explain.
3.Thinking back to when we learned about what ecosystem services are, If you are trying to convince a poor farmer in the amazon why he should not practice slash and burn deforestation, explain what services are provided by the rainforest that indeed benefit the whole planet and the local area.
4. There is a mammal that lives in the tropics (and other biomes as well) that has been given a really bad rap (as a matter of fact this mammal's popularity spikes right around the end of October each year) please convince me why I should re-think my disdain for this mammal, still keeping in mind the concept of ecosystem services.
5. Well, grasslands as we know, are where the buffalo roam, and well, some other especially popular domesticated animals now roam there too, hey as an expert ecologist, tell me why I should think twice about consuming this "other popular domestic animal".
6. This biome is also called the CONE-iferous forest ( I know I spelled it wrong) and it is for-real, what is it called?
7. Of all the abiotic factors that influence the types and adaptations of plants and animals in a biome, what do you think would be number one, light or amount of rainfall? Defend your position with researchable facts.