Students under the age of 18 must have a work permit on file with their school and their employer!
To apply for a work permit:
1. Click Here
to download and print the Work Permit Application.
2. Once you have been hired by an employer:
- Complete the Minor's Information Section
- Have the application signed by the minor's parent/legal guardian
- Have the Hiring Employer complete and sign the Employer Information Section
3. Take your form to Mr. Edward Villacorta in the Career Center (located next to the MPR) and he will
process the permit within 2 days. You also have the option to email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone: (909) 594-1333, ext. 34296
Work Permit Renewals:
Please follow the above instructions to renew your permit, right before your permit expires.
* You no longer need a work permit once you graduate from high school. Although employers still require one until you reach the age of 18.
The work permit is for your protection and safety. It ensures that employers carry worker compensation insurance. It reminds employers that a student's first job is school and a paid job is secondary. Also, that students are not allowed to work late hours on a school night.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION INCLUDING HOURS STUDENTS CAN WORK ACCORDING TO THEIR AGE.