Print and READ the attached document regarding Periodic Trends; then, using what you've learned from it, answer the following questions:
(1) Explain why the atomic radius of Mg is greater than that of Cl.
(2) Explain why the first ionization energy of S is greater than that of Se.
(3) Explain why the ionic radius of Br- is greater than that of Br.
(4) Explain why the ionic radius of K+ is smaller than that of K.
(5) Element "X"'s first ionization energy is smaller than element "Z"'s . X has its valence electrons in both s and p sublevels, but Z's valence electrons are only in an s sublevel. X forms ions with a -1 charge, and Z forms ions with a +2 charge. Which of the following elements could be X and Z? Justify your choices! Iodine; Lithium; Fluorine; Aluminum; Phosphorus; Barium; Beryllium