In acknowledgment of the improving public health condition related to COVID-19, effective March 12, 2022, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) will no longer require the use of masks indoors at schools, child care sites, and other school district facilities, but will be strongly recommended. WVUSD has worked collaboratively with LACDPH to follow and execute all public health orders throughout the pandemic without adding additional restrictions. The optional use of masks indoors at all WVUSD schools and facilities is consistent with the District’s approach to COVID-19 restrictions and requirements during the pandemic.
- Regardless of vaccination status, masking indoors and outdoors is not required (LACDPH). Mask use is an individual and family decision.
- No student or staff member should be pressured based on their decision to wear or not wear a mask.
- While masking will still be required while on public transit, school buses are not public and are therefore not public transit. Masking on a school bus is optional.
- Events and training outside of WVUSD may require students and staff to wear masks. Please become familiar with the requirements before attending an off-site training, field trip, or sporting event.
- All COVID-19 protocols related to testing positive will remain in place. Protocols can be found on our COVID-19 link on the District’s front webpage.