The San Gabriel Valley Tribune is holding its annual Scary Story contest for area kids, and we are looking for the best entries from grades 5-12.
· The deadline for submissions is Oct. 24. All stories must be submitted online; a form is posted on our website, www.sgvtribune.com/scarystory
· Two categories of entries will be accepted: blood-curdling stories and works of art that scream out for attention. You may upload a story or drawing or both online.
· Stories must be original.
· Stories must be no longer than 650 words.
· Artwork must be original (no tracings). Artwork files must be 5MB maximum in size; JPEG format is preferred. Please use the entrant’s name as the filename.
· Entries will be judged on imagination, creativity and theme.
· The Tribune reserves the right to revise contest dates and procedures.
· The winning entries will be published in the paper on Halloween, Oct. 31, and all the entries will be posted online.
The age categories are:
Drawing: Five divisions are ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-18.
Writing: Four divisions are ages 7-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-18.
Entries must be received through the online form posted on our website; emailed or mailed entries will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 310-543-6136.
Don’t forget to have fun and use your imagination! We look forward to reading your submissions.