Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a series of videos by Stanford University about the IB program. Videos include:
- The value of an IB Education
- How do colleges and universities view the IB program?
- What distinguishes IB students in the university application process?
10 Reasons Why
The IB Diploma Programme is ideal preparation for university
- It increases academic opportunity - IB Diploma Programme students are 21% more likely to be admitted into 10 of the most prestigious universities, including Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford.
- IB students care about more than just results - Colleges value students with meaningful experiences beyond the classroom such as Creativity, Action, and Service.
- It encourages you to become a confident and independent learner with strong writing skills.
- It’s a qualification recognized by universities around the world - The IB Diploma Programme is internationally benchmarked, allowing graduates to continue their studies anywhere in the world.
- Graduates are globally-minded - An international mindset is a key 21st century learning skill. Second language learning - an IB requirement - has been linked to higher achievement in school and university.
- The IB encourages critical thinking - Inquisitiveness and interpretation are among the key cognitive properties of an IB education.
- DP students have proven time management skills - Research has found that IB students develop strong study habits and critical time management skills, key indicators of college readiness.
- It assesses more than examination techniques - IB never teachers to the test - exams are assessed with no grade inflation for more than 30 years.
- Subjects are not taught in isolation - Theory of Knowledge classes encourage students to make connections between subjects and gain the skills they need to be critical thinkers.
- It encourages breadth and depth of learning - IB students choose courses from six subject groups and study subjects at different levels.
Download the poster below!