Feel free to download the AP Exit Policy below.
AP EXIT POLICY
This process includes all stakeholders (student/teacher/parent/GLC), and is in accordance with Board Policy AR 5121 (b).
If the teacher has a concern about a student’s performance in the AP class:
• The teacher will contact the parent/guardian, student, and GLC to explain their observations and offer resources to assist the student
• The GLC will follow up with the student regarding communication from the teacher and offer additional resources to assist the student.
• Both the teacher and the GLC will monitor the student for a reasonable amount of time (two or more weeks)
• If improvement is not made, the teacher will initiate communication to request a parent meeting and CC the GLC
• The goal of the meeting will be to identify additional support systems for the student, and to discuss placement
Parent/Guardian and/or Student
If the parent/guardian or the student has a concern about a student’s performance in class
• The student and/or parent guardian will initiate communication with the teacher and their GLC
• The teacher will follow up with the student/parent/guardian and the GLC regarding the concern and work with the GLC to offer resources to address the concern
• The student will take advantage of the resources given for a two to three-week period of time.
• The teacher will continue to communicate with the parent/guardian, student, and GLC regarding progress
• If a parent/guardian or student wishes to drop the AP class prior to the first progress report in a semester then they must have a meeting with the Administrative panel (teacher, GLC, Dean, and Assistant Principal)
o completion of this meeting does not mean the drop will be granted.
o The purpose of the meeting will be to acquire additional information and to provide additional support if necessary.
o The Administrative panel will discuss the concern following the meeting and render a decision within 72 hours of the meeting
• If a parent/guardian or student wishes to drop an AP class after the first progress report, they must do so no later than one week after the first grading period ends to avoid a Withdrawal/Pass (WP) on their transcript.
o They will have a meeting with the Administrative panel (teacher, Dean, GLC, and Assistant Principal) a decision will be made within 24 hours.